Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'm a NYer too, and I was wondering how far away u are from St. Mike's and if it's tough being away from home.

Hi Fellow New Yorker!!
I'm from Mamaroneck, NY, so I'm about 6 1/2 or 7 hrs (depending on traffic) from Saint Mike's.
I can say that it isn't tough at all being away from home, but then I would be lying to you. I think we all experience homesickness when we leave for college, no matter if you're a senior or a freshman.
I absolutely miss my family and sometimes wish I was closer to home. However, Saint Mike's does an excellent job of making everyone feel like they are at their home away from home.
At SMC, you realize that you have two families who are constantly supporting you- your real family and your SMC family. I have great friends and professors here who are always there for me and there are so many events on campus to keep you busy, so even when I'm homesick, I'm very lucky to know I have support from my family and my SMC family.

Feel free to ask me anything about SMC :)

No comments:

Post a Comment