Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Alex, i'm a hs senior interested in campus ministry at smc and referred to you by the saint michael's formspring. Could you tell me how it is for a freshman and what you may do during campus ministry? Were you into campus ministry in hs? thanks!

Terrific to hear that you asked the Saint Michael's formspring- it is a great place to pick up knowledge and information about anything SMC :) I am involved in SMC campus ministry, known as VITA. I was involved in campus ministry in middle and high school, but I have loved the opportunities SMC has allowed me with the campus ministry program here!! Any new member, ranging from freshman to seniors, is always welcomed warmly :) I am a part of LINK, which is the large prayer based group and we usually do a lot of meditation and reflection, but most of all, great conversation. We also have something called the Dessert and the Divine, where once a month, we have amazing baked goods and just get together to have discussion. Last week, we had fresh monkey bread and chocolate chip cookies- yum!!
Campus Ministry also offers many retreats throughout the semester- I just came back from the Emmaus retreat and really loved it!!
I have made so many wonderful friends through the VITA program and it is something I'm really proud to be a part of :)

Here is the link if you want to check out more on Campus Ministry at SMC!! http://www2.smcvt.edu/cministry/index.htm

Feel free to ask me anything about SMC :)

No comments:

Post a Comment