Saturday, October 5, 2013

It was Cornmazin!! The SMC Girl Goes to a Corn Maze...

Happy Saturday everyone!!

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend so far!! This week was definitely a stressful one, with preparations for midterms and big papers due or coming up this week. It has, however, been such a gorgeous fall week, the perfect way to welcome in the month of October.

Today, I was so excited to go on an adventure!! As all of my wonderful readers know, I am on team for VITA, SMC's peer ministry group on campus and we typically have various socials throughout the year. To start the year of with a bang, VITA team decided to go to Sam Mazza's harvest market for their annual corn maze and Harvest carnival!! 

We set off at about 2:30 and got there around 3:15... yeah, all of the vehicles taking us there went on a bit of an adventure (aka we got LOST hahaha!!) Hey, what great trip doesn't have a couple of detours along the way?

Once we arrived, we all broke up into teams and started looking for the various checkpoints we were expected to reach throughout the maze. 

Annnnnd of course... I vlogged it. I know, I know, wouldn't be my blog without a vlog stating how I may possibly perhaps you know, die in the woods or I guess in a corn maze. No biggie... right????? 



Thankfully, we made it out of the corn maze safely and were greeted with delicious apple cider donuts by our wonderful VITA mentor (and my SMC mom) Anna!! Afterwards, Megan, Maura, Kelly, and I headed into the store to buy some delicious apple cider to bring back to school. Once we had finished purchasing our things, we went to Island Homemade Ice Cream stand, where I had a DELICIOUS salted caramel cone and had the chance to relax after our great adventure.

The carnival!!
The corn maze- thank you my amazing friend, Colleen, for the pic!!

Our checkpoint cards/ map of the maze!!

Free samples of homemade pumpkin pie in the store- YUM!!

The delicious Island ice cream stand!!

Oh MM... SMC van problems!!

Me eating my salted caramel ice cream cone!!

We headed back to campus around 5pm and I couldn't believe how quickly time went. It was honestly the perfect way to get away for a bit from homework and papers, getting the chance to have some great fun with terrific friends :)

To perfectly put it- it was a cornmazing day (get it? Cheesy, I know, but I had to :)

If you have any questions or want to get in contact with me, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me via an anonymous question on ask.fm, a tweet on Twitter, or an email- I'm always happy to hear from my wonderful readers!!

Until next time, I send you my very best wishes,
Alex :)

No comments:

Post a Comment