I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!! Right now, I'm in the library working on an assignment for my American Protestantism class and thought I would let you guys get a glimpse into my typical Tuesday!!
This semester, I have all my classes Monday, Wednesday, Friday and a lab on Thursday. This means that I have Tuesdays off, which is pretty wonderful. I can sleep late, stay in pj's all day, watch a bunch of TV shows...
Hahahaha in a perfect world that would be true, but it's a little different for me :)
One of my goals this year has been to use my time wisely and more productively. Now, it's not like I didn't use my time wisely before, but I realized that I wanted to utilize what SMC had to offer me a bit more. I'm also the type of person who has to be doing something, so I scheduled my Tuesdays into being the most productive "Me" day.
![]() |
| Me in my cubbie in the library, studying for Greek!! Above is my "To Do" list!! |
![]() |
| Lol me trying to take an awkward pic at the gym :) |
All those worries? They don't even make sense to me anymore!! No one is staring at you thinking, "OMG gym newbie!!" and usually there are some type of instructions on how to use the different machines. While I did... I don't know, I guess get mixed up a bit my first time at the gym with my friend, Lauren Mazz, I eventually got the handle of everything and realized that if I didn't get something, I could always ask!!
After the gym, I head back for a quick shower and head off to my weekly tour at 2pm (I hope to see many of you on it!!) As I say probably so much, having the chance to show prospective students and their families what I love about my second home is probably one of the best feelings in the world, so I am always excited to show off SMC!!
![]() |
| Divergent reading!! |
So, remember that thing I said about utilizing what SMC has to offer? Why not the library!? I mean I'm there doing work all the time, but there are soooooo many books (we even have a Children's room with all your favorite stories from when you were a kid- how cool is that!?) magazines, and even DVD's which you can take out or find a great place in the library to read and watch them!! At around 9, I'll head to the Children's room to pick up my latest read, Divergent, and head up to the "Birdcage" (the study section on the top floor which is really cool) so I can get a couple of pages in.
![]() |
| Merrill and I go to Al's last Tuesday for dinner!! |
Overall, I've gotten into a sort of pattern which I have been really loving. One of the most important things for any student is to find balance. Find that balance that suits you with academics and activities, but most importantly, remember to balance yourself in the mix too.
Please remember that if you have any questions at all, never hesitate to send me a question on Formspring, a tweet on Twitter, or shoot me an email- I always love hearing from my wonderful readers!!
Also, Class of 2017-ers, remember that if you haven't already, go join the Class of 2017 FB group!! It has been so nice reading about and talking to so many of you and I cannot wait until you are all on campus!!
Until next time, I send you my best wishes,
Alex :)





Oh my god! Divergent is such a good book/series! I read it in about a day.
ReplyDelete