Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What was the selling point for you about smc? I love it, but I'm really undecided :/

Aww that is totally understandable!! This is definitely the hard part of the college process, even in my opinion harder than filling out the Common App, getting recommendations, writing your college essay etc. It's deciding where you're going to call home for the next four years- where you'll meet different people, live on your own for the first time, and experience so many new things. It's a huge decision and something that you really need to think and research long and hard about. The selling point for me about SMC was definitely the family feel on campus. I was just like you, totally undecided and not knowing which was the place I wanted to be. I went to the open houses of my top 4 schools and when I went to SMC on a rainy cold day in March- I just knew it was the place for me!! The friendly students and professors, the make yourself at home feeling, amazing opportunities for growth as a student, friend, and leader- I couldn't beat it. Two years later, I have never regretted my choice- SMC is my second home and family and I love it. So find where you get that "feeling" that this is it for you and no matter where you choose, I hope you love wherever you go as much as I love SMC- good luck :)

Feel Free to ask me anything about SMC :) www.formspring.me/alexsmc14

No comments:

Post a Comment