Saturday, April 2, 2011

If my parents live close to St. Michael's, is it worth it to still live on campus? I really don't want to live at home, but $10,000 a year is a lot...I just want the chance to get away from the stress at home and make a lot of friends. What do you think?

I actually know a lot of people who live close by and choose to dorm at Saint Mike's and they love it and some that are commuters and love that too. It's a really hard decision to make- spend that $10,000 and get the "full college residence" experience or save it, and try to be as involved in school without actually living on campus.
It definitely sounds like you want to live on campus, and to tell you the truth, I would agree with you. To have classes and activities with people you will be living with is really an amazing experience and it bonds you together and the Saint Mike's residential experience is priceless.
My advice- if you can afford it, try living on campus for a bit. Test it out and see how you like it. if you decide it isn't for you, you can become a commuter at any time and still meet great people and have a great college life. There are always options, so just try to pick what you feel will be best for you and give you the best opportunities :)

Feel free to ask me anything about SMC :)

No comments:

Post a Comment