Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Beginnings...

Happy Thursday Everyone!!








I am currently writing a Research Methods Proposal (shout out to my future Psych majors!!) but I really wanted to take a break and reach out to my Class of 2015 readers.


Congratulations- you did it!! The big decision is over and you know exactly where you're meant to be :)



It's now time to get through AP's, (ugh!!) Prom, last days of Senior year, and graduation. It's so hard for me to believe that I'm actually going to be a college sophomore in 3 1/2 months, when it feels like yesterday I was going through the same things you were right now. I couldn't stop counting down the days until I started SMC and left high school (yeah, I had a bad case of senioritis ;)





However, what I realized later on is to definitely savor this time- college is going to be great, but these milestones that you're going through now are just as important. Looking back at my prom, awards night, and graduation pictures with my friends and family, I realize how much it meant to me have accomplished and have these amazing experiences in my life.


Now that you are all looking ahead to life at SMC, all I can say is keep interacting- join the discussion groups on the Class of 2015 facebook, friend future classmates, shoot one of the bloggers an email to have your questions answered or ask formspring questions, and visit the Knight Chats. That is the easiest way to have a really smooth transition into college.

My freshman year at SMC has been absolutely priceless- from meeting some of my best friends, to joining clubs, having amazing classes, going to events like the Snowflake Semiformal, Nick Cannon comedy night, Pizza Putt nights, 1st Snow Day, and of course PDay, it has all been a year to remember and made me love SMC even more :)



I'll definitely be writing some blogs about topics everyone should know, like how to deal with roommates, traditions to be aware about at SMC (like the Alliot Cupdrop :), and things that every freshman must have. If you guys have any requests, never hesitate to let me know and I would be happy to write about it!!



I am so so excited for each and every one of you- the Class of 2015 is definitely going to be one awesome class- can't wait to see you in the fall!!



Until next time, I send you my very best wishes,

Alex :)

No comments:

Post a Comment