Monday, January 24, 2011

SMC Sports and Spirit Go Hand in Hand...

Happy Monday everyone!!

I hope you're all having a terrific day!! While it is a pretty cold day (-11 to be exact) I had a great day of classes and really enjoyed learning some interesting new things :)

This weekend though, I went all out and went to support SMC's Men's Basketball Team. While I have never really been a sporty person, you immediately sense the great SMC spirit when you arrive!! I have definitely caught the PK (Purple Knight) Spirit bug and I've been trying to go to as many sports events as I can to support these talented people!!
Saturday afternoon, after brunch, I headed back to my room to put on some purple and gold eye shadow and grab my purple SMC jacket to show my school spirit. I then met up with my great friends, Taylor, Kate, Caitlin, and Kayley to head over to Ross Sports Center.




Caitlin, Kate, Taylor, and Kayley- M For Saint Mike's!!



Aww Kayley and me- she is such a terrific friend :)


Off to Ross!!


Games about to Start!!


I can't say how amazing this game was... there are really no words for the amount of spirit and love for basketball there was.

Annnnddd.... Swooosh!! Assumption vs. SMC

I guess as a newbie to sporting events, I really didn't know what was going on. However, by the end of the game, I was screaming, clapping, booing the other team (I know... not very sportswoman like of me- oops ;) and even jumping out of my seat when a call I didn't agree with was made or when we got a basket.




It was such a close game. For the last 2 minutes, we were tied, the ball going back and forth, time outs being called, and I couldn't even believe how... STRESSED I WAS!!


Finally, our team made the basket- HOORAY SMC WE WON!!!!!!

I would definitely recommend if you visit SMC coming to one of the sporting events on campus- they are so much fun to watch and a great way to support your school teams :)
Remember this Thursday, January 27th, there is a Parent Knight Chat for all Prospective Parents to ask any questions they may have about life at Saint Mike's. I know my parents went to these Knight Chats and had so many questions answered, so I would definitely recommend stopping by and checking it out!!
Also if you get a chance, please check out my great friend, Marci's blog- one of my readers asked on Formspring what "Sunday Night Ritual" is, so definitely check it out if you want to learn more about it and in general, the great friendships that you make at SMC :)
Well everyone, I'm heading to my last class of the day and then heading out to the SMC Bloggers dinner- I'm so so excited to see all my fellow bloggers and learn some great new social media tips to show all of my wonderful readers!!
If you have any questions at all, never hesitate to ask me on Formspring or VYou or send me a tweet on Twitter- they always make my day 10x brighter!!
Until next time, I send you my very best wishes,
Alex :)

4 comments:

  1. Great blog post, as usual!! Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree completely with taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the basketball pictures, Alex!! It was very exciting getting the play by play from the stands :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you so much Mrs. Mills!! Also thanks Caitlin and Taylor :)

    ReplyDelete