Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Linking Your SMC Email onto a Droid...

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!


My friend and fellow blogger, Gabbi, just came up with this amazing new blog tutorial about setting up your SMC email onto the IPhone (definitely check it out if you have one!!)


The thing is though...I have a Droid. I really wanted to set up my email account on my phone, but I didn't exactly know how to :( Gabbi's post definitely inspired me to finally do this, so of course, I had to see what I could do to finally figure it out.


After a bit of tinkering on my phone... I DID!!!!

For all of my SMC Droid readers, this post is for you :)








Welcome to Alex's Droid SMC Email Tutorial!!

1) Click on your "Email" icon (the yellow and white envelope).


2) Click on your Menu button (mine is between my home button and end/ power button)


3) Tap "Add Account"


4) Enter your SMC email address (First initial of your first name, last name, @mail.smcvt.edu) and password, then hit next.


5) When it asks you what account your email is- POP3, IMAP, or Exchange, tap "Exchange."


6) Now, you should be at a page that says, "Server Settings." You have 3 boxes:
a) Domain/ Username: \abyrne@mail.smcvt.edu (IMPORTANT: Keep that backslash in front of your username)
b) Password
c) Server: put in "pod51004.outlook.com"

7) Tap to check off both "Use a Secure Connection (SSL)" and "Accept all SSL Certificates." Then, tap next.

8) Then there should be a waiting bar that says, "Checking Internet Server." Once that's over, you just to approve Outlook changes to your phone, and you're good to go!!


I hope this post helps everyone out!! If anyone has any trouble, please don't hesitate to send me an email, a Formspring question, or even a tweet or direct message on Twitter- I'm always happy to help.


Until next time, I send you my very best wishes,
Alex :)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete