Tuesday, November 8, 2011

SMC Student Ambassador- Simply Amazing...

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far!! To tell you the truth, Tuesday's are my busiest day. I have class from 8:10-11:20, VITA Team meeting, and my weekly tour at 12, followed by homework and studying. Sometimes, when I get back to my dorm, I simply just want to snuggle under my pink flowery comforter and take a nice long nap.

Sometimes, like a lot of students, I definitely have moments where I just wish I could stay in my warm pj's and sleep in or catch up on my favorite shows or movies, missing classes, activities, etc. Most of the time though, I remember just how lucky I am to have the opportunities that I do at SMC.

I think one of the biggest and proudest opportunities that I have at SMC is being a student ambassador. You may be thinking, "Uhh Alex... what exactly is a student ambassador?" because most likely, I would be thinking the same question too if I were in your shoes!!

Being a student ambassador means simply that I love my school- any opportunity I have to express and represent that love to others is truly such an amazing gift to me :)

As a student, I express my love of SMC through the amazing classes I take and the energy and effort I put into them each day, with professors who are so excited to teach and that take time to get to know me not as a number, but a name and personality. I get to spend my class time with terrific and enthusiastic classmates who I get to know and wave hi to when I walk past them, with big smiles on our faces.

As a friend, I have encountered some of the most amazing friends a girl could have on this campus. Being a part of such a warm, welcoming, respecting and accepting school family as SMC is, I have had the opportunity not just to meet unique and amazing people from diverse places, but to get to know them, bond over shared meals in Alliot together, attend sporting events with purple and gold outfits to show school spirit, but most of all, be there for each other and support one another during our college years and beyond.

As a member and leader of clubs such as VITA, Founders, and MOVE, I spread the love and support that my SMC family gives to me and incorporate it daily into the lives of others through helping activities such as weekly peer group programs, volunteering at the local nursing home and playing Kings in the Corner, or calling a student excited about learning more about SMC during Phone-a-thons. I get the chance to work with amazing directors such as the terrific SMC Admissions, Campus Ministry directors Anna Lester and Jay Moore, and MOVE directors Heidi St. Peter and Erin Bodin, who help me to grow every day as a leader and have been an amazing support since my first day at SMC.

As a SMC tour guide and blogger, I am truly honored to spend time with prospective students and families, giving them tips and information, but most of all, sharing the amazing experiences I have been given at SMC. Having the chance to make the difference and help prospective students during their college search is probably one of the best feeling's in the world and doing that through my shared experiences (hysterical, sad, excited, anxious- you name it, it's probably there :) on my blog and to around families touring the SMC campus is absolutely priceless!!

Yes, I am a student ambassador of Saint Michael's College, but it is so much more than that. It is the chance to touch the lives of others and to express just how lucky I am to be here. As I told my tour, and I will tell my wonderful readers today- I love SMC. My main goal in whatever I do as a student ambassador is to try to fully express that love and enthusiasm to others. Wherever you go and whatever school you may choose, I hope you love the place you spend your college years at as much as I love Saint Mike's :)

If you have any questions at all or just want to contact me, please feel free to send me a question on Formspring, a tweet on Twitter, or shoot me an email- I always love hearing back from my amazing readers!!

Until next time, I send you my very best wishes,
Alex :)

No comments:

Post a Comment