Friday, September 24, 2010

What's your experience with the faculty in the psychology department so far? Can you talk a bit about their teaching styles and how accessible they are?

Great question!! While I haven't had much experience with the faculty as a whole, I have been genuinely impressed by the Psychology department that I have encountered. Most professors in any department at Saint Michael's have office hours, in which you can set up an appointment, and your professor can help you with any questions you may have. If your professor's office hours don't work for you, the professors here at Saint Mike's are always happy to set up an appointment outside of office hours that fits both of your schedules!! Mostly, my Psychology classes have involved lecture, discussion, and applying what we have learned to real life. My General Psychology professor, Ari Kirshenbaum, has been absolutely terrific, teaching and help wise. I know that I can go up to him after class for a quick question if I didn't catch or understand something and he will answer it with a smile :)

My fellow blogger, Christine, is actually a psychology major too and as a senior, she can probably give you more insight about her experience with the psychology department as well. Her formspring is http://www.formspring.me/camoresano. We also have Professor Dave Landers, who is a psychology professor and blogger here at Saint Mike's, who can give you the perspective of a Psychology faculty member. His blog site is http://dave.smcbloggers.com.

Feel free to ask me anything about SMC :)

No comments:

Post a Comment