Sunday, September 26, 2010

Capturing Moments of Change...

Hey everyone!!

Right now, I'm sitting in Saint Mike's gorgeous Durrick Library doing some work, and I just pulled out my camera to look at some pictures. Going through all of them, I saw so many moments that captured this past year of my life. I saw my Prom pictures, which reminded me how much I felt like a princess, getting dressed up for the ball. My graduation pictures with my wonderful GCA girls, reminding me of how hot it was that day, giving my Senior Invocation, and going to IHOP to celebrate with my family. Seeing my pictures from summer and hugging my NY friends, telling them that, "It's never a 'good bye'!! It's just a 'See you later.'" I even found my long lost pictures from July 2009- my first stay in Vermont, visiting Saint Mike's and staying at the Doubletree Hotel :)

I never realized how amazing it is to have the ability to capture moments through a photo. For example, until the age of 16, in all my photos, I had blunt bangs. Now, I have side bangs (my mom, if she could, would love the blunt bangs back ;) When you see yourself every day, you don't realize how much you grow, whether it be physically, mentally, spiritually, or emotionally. These pictures however, capture a second in time where you can look back and say, "Oh my gosh, what was I thinking when I took that photo???" or, "Hey, that's first time my best friend and I hung out!!"

My aunt likes to say that the only constant thing in life is change. We are all constantly changing and experiencing changes in our lives. For most of you reading this blog, you are or have gone through changes in your life, whether it be big or small, good or bad. However, when I can look back at a photo and see the moments that changed my life, I treasure them even more.

Now at SMC, I try to take as many pictures as I possibly can. It's been 6 months since I decided to go to Saint Mike's and I want to remind myself every day what made it and continues to make it such an amazing place to be. I want to be able to look back and see myself grow and prosper, look at my more goofy moments, and just be able to continue treasuring the fact that I'm so lucky to be here- to have my amazing friends, to have wonderful classes and teachers, but most of all, to have my SMC family :)

Remember, never hesitate to ask me a question on Formspring or send me a tweet on Twitter- I always love them :)

Until next time, I send you my best wishes!!
Alex :)

No comments:

Post a Comment