Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So Many Events, but Just Enough Time... Part I

Happy Tuesday and Election Day everyone!!

First of all, I'd like to apologize for not blogging in over a week!! I unfortunately have been a bit under the weather and caught up in my academics, but to make it up to you, I'm doing a 2 part post with some terrific pictures of my past week :)
I'm going to take you guys back to last Friday. Saint Mike's was full of excitement for our annual Friday Knight Dry and Midknight Madness!!
For those of you who don't know what Friday Knight Dry is, it is basically an amazingly fun night filled with games, karaoke sing- a- longs, Henna tattoo stations, raffles where you could win things like ipods and TVs, ammmaaaazzziinngg food (pizza and wings- YUM!!) and hysterical events going on in each dorm (my dorm building, Joyce, had Joyce Olympics, where each floor competed against each other :)
My favorite part of Friday Knight Dry were the terrific Acapella groups. I actually went to support my friends, Rebecca and Molly, but I was so wowed by the skill which each group possessed. Saint Mike's has 3 Acapella groups- the Sleepless Knights (co-ed group, which my friend, Rebecca is a part of), the Acabellas (the all girl group, which my friend, Molly, is a part of), and Mike Check (the all boy group). All of these groups made a great night even better :)

The amazing Mike Check!! For all you R. Kelly fans, they were singing, "Ignition."


Here are the Sleepless Knights (my friend, Rebecca, is the 2nd person on the left :)


Afterwards, my friends, Taylor, Liz, and I, headed back to our dorm to get dressed and rock on our purple and gold, to support our Women's and Men's basketball teams at Midknight Madness. I went all out, with my Saint Mike's Sweatshirt, SMC sweatpants, and my signature purple and gold eye shadow :) Around 11:15, we walked to Ross to meet up with our other friends, Kayley and Erin.

Here is Mike the Knight, our mascot, doing the Dougie... yeah, I can't Dougie for my life lol, but how cool is our Mascot? ;)


Midknight Madness had sooo much to offer, but I think what was the best part was the amount of school spirit that night- one thing you'll learn about Saint Mike's is that we most certainly love our school and try to support it as much as possible!! Cheering for the Basketball teams, having an interactive game, audience vs. players, basketball obstacle courses, and winning t-shirts and gift certificates just made the night full of fun and excitement.

The next day, my friend, Taylor, and I, went out for a walk around campus to take some pictures. If you have visited SMC, you know how absolutely gorgeous our campus is, so we basically wanted to celebrate the beautiful scenery around us. Taylor, who is one of the best photographers I know, then decided on a spur of the moment photo shoot- who was I to say no? ;) It was so much fun playing in the leaves and pretending we were models, capturing this special time and season :)

I love this pic so much :)

My friend, Taylor :)

Here's Taylor and I, with two of our academic buildings, Jean Marie and St. Ed's, in the background :)

If you need to know one thing about me, it is definitely that I love doing service for others. One of the main reasons I chose Saint Mike's was because of the fantastic MOVE community service program. Our directors, Heidi and Erin, are two of the sweetest people you will ever meet, and together, the MOVE community does so many activities to just get out there and help people. So, later Saturday night, my friend, Liz, and I, volunteered for the Senior Citizen Prom being held on campus. It was so much fun hanging out with my friends, Kayley, Erin, Kate, and Liz, and of course watching the Senior Citizens get down to all their favorite tunes- I know my hips were hurting after doing the Twist by Chubby Checker lol!!

That's Monique, our Prom Queen!! She was such an amazing dancer with her hubby, Erich!! (not pictured)

My friends, Erin and Kayley :)

Our MOVE director, Heidi St. Peter, dancing with one of our guests, Tony!!

When I walked in and saw the decorations, I was amazed at how beautiful they were, incorporating a beautiful fall theme- wish we had this at my prom!!


Well guys, Part II is coming up next, so make sure to check it out- it's all about my preparations for Halloween :)

Until... well tomorrow!!
Best wishes Always,
Alex :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. It's clear that you put a lot of care and effort into making these posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you both so very much- I really appreciate the support :)

    ReplyDelete