Monday, February 7, 2011

Hi Alex! I actually don't live too far from your hometown, I live in New York as well! I was just wondering if you were able to easily adjust to the transition from New York to Burlington, and if there are any major differences that you'd like to share =)

Hi!! I love hearing from fellow New Yorkers :) To tell you the truth, I was actually really nervous about the transition!! Going from southern NY, where you have access to the Big Apple and the great cities around it, to Vermont, which the only thing I knew about was that they had great cheese and maple products, was a big step. However, I was so wrong. When I came to SMC, I loved Burlington being 10 minutes away and the many opportunities to shop downtown at the cute little boutiques, try out some awesome restaurants, and just seeing how beautiful Vermont really is :) We even have the CCTA, which reminds me of the MTA bee-line buses in NY lol!! I would say the only difference I've noticed is probably that they're are different grocery stores up here. In NY, I'm used to frequenting Stop n Shop, A&P, etc. In Vermont, we have Hannaford and Shaw's (which I actually just went to today to pick up some Valentine's Day things for my SMC friends :) Overall though, the transition was pretty easy and if you get a chance to visit SMC, definitely visit Church Street and Downtown Burlington to see just how beautiful it is :)

Feel free to ask me anything about SMC :)

No comments:

Post a Comment