Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Quick Brightening Moments...

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

Hahaha, I know, you're probably saying to yourself, "Uhh... Alex, you posted a pretty long blog yesterday, what more could you have to say?"

Well, I have amazing news everyone and I just had to tell my wonderful readers!!!!!!

So, do you remember me mentioning in yesterday's blog post about acting in my Medieval Europe class? I played the part of Agape, the lead sister in a Medieval play about womanly strength, defiance against men, and eventually martyrdom by the first woman playwright of the Middle Ages, Roswitha.

So, in the beginning of class, Professor Dameron, my teacher who I would 100% recommend a class with as a student at SMC, began his lecture stating that he always gives the two performers who demonstrated volunteerism and the most effort, male and female, a special prize.

Well... GUESS WHAT!?!?!?!

I GOT THE PRIZE FOR BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE!!! AHHHHHHH!!

I was sooooo excited!! I mean, like I've said before, I am totally not an actress, but as you guys know, with anything I do, I always try to put 110% into it. I just could not believe it though!! I was so happy!! I received my favorite candy, Reeses pumpkin shaped Peanut Butter cup, as a prize and I saved it until the end of class, just so someone could take a picture of me and my prize!!

I know, it's just a small thing- it's no one million dollars or anything like that, but to me, the little things mean so much. I treasure those little moments where it feels like for a bit of time, that little thing can make you feel like the happiest, most proud person in the world. I love and strive to give those moments to people somehow every day, but it's always a treat to receive them as well!!

To those little things that make your day so much brighter :)

I'm always so happy to hear from my readers, so please, never hesitate to ask me a question on Formspring, send me a tweet on Twitter, or a quick email!!

Until next time, I send you my very best wishes,
Alex :)

2 comments: