Sunday, May 20, 2012

Is it true you and Marci the blogger met because of smc blogs? Do you have many blogger friends? I'm really interested in blogging and I want to know if I'll be accepted?

Yes, it is so true!! Marci and I, when we came to SMC, where the only girl First Year bloggers at the time. I was so nervous because I loved reading the blogs as a prospective student. When we had our first blogger meeting, Marci came in a little later and immediately shook my hand and said, "HI I'M MARCI!!" with a huge smile and then later on, sent me the nicest message about being excited to blog together and we exchanged numbers. Two years later, she's one of my best friends in the world and I really don't know what I would do without her. She is just the best- Marci makes me laugh hysterically, does my makeup for big events, always picks out my nail polish for me (she is an EXPERT :) and is always supporting and there for me no matter what!! I'm really lucky I met her that day for our blogging info meeting in Hoehl (SMC Admissions building :)

In regards to being interested in blogging, that is SO terrific!! I can totally understand how you feel, since I was in your shoes. I wanted to fit in with the SMC bloggers, because I was such a fan of them!! To tell you the truth, I think I was even a little starstruck meeting Gabbi Hall, whose blog I read religiously during my senior year, and it's funny because now were friends and she is our wonderful SMC Blogs leader. The SMC Blogs team is something phenomenal to be a part of!! Not only are you learning about how to connect to prospective students via social media, you're also connecting with your fellow bloggers on how to best provide you're unique experiences to these students and families. Everyone is absolutely terrific and accepting- you will definitely meet wonderful people and friends!! In general, it's just a team I'm so lucky to be a part of :)

If you're interested in becoming a blogger, I would definitely contact Gabbi Hall, our Online Media and Comunications Coordinator at ghall@mail.smcvt.edu for more information!! Hope to see you on the team :)

Feel free to ask me anything about SMC :) www.formspring.me/alexsmc14

No comments:

Post a Comment