Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Week into Summer and Forgotten Champlain Valley Videos...

Happy Thursday Everyone!!

I hope everyone is having a great day so far. It has been a week into summer break for most SMC students and we all seem to suffer from the same thing...

Missingsmc-itis= the missing of professors, campus, Burlington, and most of all our SMC family.

With things such as Facebook, twitter, and of course the phone, we're able to keep in touch, but nothing is like seeing your best friends or favorite SMC faculty walking around campus and running into them. I think that is what I am most excited about for the Class of 2016!! I can't wait for my Class of 2016 readers to experience the feeling of walking around campus and the tangible feeling of love from the SMC family, because really...

There is nothing like it :)

One of the best ways to meet friends that first weekend of school is at the Champlain Valley Fair. It's a big fair just down the road on rt. 15, which has pretty much some of the biggest name concerts, so many different rides and games, and really delicious cotton candy (I always pick some up for myself and my best friend, Marci, when I go :) SMC is great enough to provide shuttling to and from the fair, so many floormates and new friends go together- it is such an amazing SMC bonding experience :)

Last September, my best friend and bro (as I affectionately call her) Kayley and I went to see Bruno Mars. He is one of my all time favorite singers and when Kayley asked me if I wanted to go, I of course said yes!! At  the time, I had never even gone to a concert before, so it was so exciting to start my Sophomore Year off right with seeing Bruno. Other concerts that have gone on there I know have been Justin Bieber, Lady Antebellum, and so many others!! This year, I know they've just announced they're having Jason Aldean, Zac Brown Band, Train, and Demi Lovato so far, so if you're interested, I would totally recommend buying tickets!!

So, I actually just found this video that I meant to show my wonderful readers a while ago, but must have forgotten it. It's Kayley and I pre-concert, showing you guys around the mainstage and stage :) Anyway, my wonderful readers, my next blog posts will most likely be geared towards my Class of 2016 readers- I'm literally so excited to welcome them into the SMC family that I want to help them as much as possible with getting adjusting and having everything they need to know :) For anyone who doesn't know, Admissions should have already sent out the New Student Guides, so you'll be receiving them very soon and the online version will be up on Monday to access as well. I'm a... yeah I can't say that I'm a Junior. I'll just say I've finished Sophomore year and I still have my New Student Guide in my desk drawer, so hopefully I can do a blog all about that (maybe even be adventurous and do a vlog!? Maybe :)

As you all know, please never hesitate to get in contact with me via Formspring, Twitter, or email, if you ever have any questions or even if you want to talk about how much you love SMC, I always love hearing from you!!

Until next time, I send you my very best wishes,
Alex :)

No comments:

Post a Comment