Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Do You Bake Cupcakes for Class? At St. Mike's We Do...

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

I hope everyone is having a great start to the week!! As we enter into midterm season here at SMC, I have to admit, it has been starting to get a little stressful with work. However, what totally makes up for it is just how much I love my classes and professors!! Oh and the beautiful foliage that's been starting to pop up all around campus helps a bit too ;)

Can you say yum!?
So, as you, my wonderful readers, read in my last post, I've had a streak of rebellion (ha- if you could really call it that :) That streak has continued, especially when last week, my friend, Sarah, asked me if I wanted to bake cupcakes with me.

Now, of course you're probably saying to yourself, "Umm... Alex, that really isn't rebellious. Everyone does that!!" Hahaha, I know, I know!! The thing is was that we were bringing our cupcakes to class and doing it in honor of the subject of what my class is all about!!

This semester, I'm taking for my history minor a seminar called, "The Franciscans," all about St. Francis and the legacy of the Franciscan friars in the world. It's with my favorite professor, Professor Dameron, and is only nine students (remember on tours when they say average class size is 19? Yeah it's true- your classes are small so you can make a big impact by being you :) This has quickly become my favorite class this semester, mainly because of the great discussions we get into and the fun we have just talking.
Sarah and I getting ready to put the cupcakes in :)

So, when Sarah asked me a couple of weeks ago to make cupcakes, it was actually for the feast day of St. Francis. I was totally for it- I mean cupcakes in class, celebrate a saint who may be able to help me get an A (hahaha just kidding :)

What's not to like??

We decided to surprise our classmates and Professor Dameron, so we kept the secret to ourselves. Sarah and I decided to get my best friend, Megan, to join in with us and together, we made a day of just baking cupcakes, of course in animal print cupcake holders (fun fact: St. Francis is the patron saint of animals)
Megan and Sarah!!

Aka SO MUCH FUN!!
Sarah and the animal print cupcake holders for St. Francis!!

When we brought the cupcakes into class, all of our classmates and especially Professor Dameron, were so excited and we ended up eating them all!! I think that's one of the most amazing things about SMC- because it is such a family atmosphere, you can bring in food to class (even be invited to some professors homes too!!) and everyone will enjoy and appreciate it tremendously.

If you ever have any questions or comments at all, please never hesitate to get in contact with me, whether it be on Formspring, a tweet on Twitter, or shoot me an email- I'm always happy to help!!

Until next time, I send you my very best wishes,
Alex :)

No comments:

Post a Comment